Immerse yourself in the history and architecture of La Jolla, California’s version of The French Riviera that’s also known as the Jewel City. On this GPS-guided audio tour, I’ll tell you the backstory of the city, highlighting details about this sun-kissed seaside community that most visitors miss.
You’ll stroll through the downtown village, hearing fascinating fun facts about La Jolla’s early days and seeing its highlights as you go. I’ll show you San Diego’s most scenic wedding location, and where the first margarita was poured in the U. S. The final stretch of the tour takes you along the town’s breathtaking coastline where you’ll hear about the barking sea lions and seals that call the area home.
On this walking tour around La Jolla, you’ll also have the chance to:
• Discover the influence Ellen Browning Scripps had on the town
• View historical sites designed by architect Irving Gill
• Take in an expansive vista from a tucked-away and often-missed historical observation deck
• Swing by the iconic La Valencia Hotel, where Hollywood luminaries like Gregory Peck and Dorothy Maguire stayed.
• Hear about La Jolla’s connection to Theodor Seuss Geisel, otherwise known as Dr Seuss
• Find out how you can tour Sunny Jim’s Cave
Join us on this stroll around the coastal community to discover its colourful history.